It’s time to explore the incredible island of Bohol!
Bohol, is a province in the Philippines located in Central Visayas region. One of the popular tourist destination in the country with its pristine white beaches and lavish resorts. The island is famous for its Chocolate Hills- there are at least 1,260 of cone shaped hills, its color turns into brown that tasted like a chocolate! Well, just kidding!
How to get there?
From Cebu, catch an Ocean Jet ferry going to Tagbilaran, approximately 2 hours of travel. Once arrived, there’s a lot of travel and tour packages to choose from. We took the country side tour and enjoyed the tourist attractions they offered.
Here are the inclusions in the package:
- Baclayon Church and Museum– This the oldest church in Bohol, however, when a 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck the island, there were major damage happened to it.
- Blood Compact Shrine – Sandugo, the first treaty of friendship between the Flipinos and Spaniards happened in this place. A monument located in Tagbilaran City.
- Bohol Bee Farm– A cozy place were you can learn about organic farming, bee cultivation, simple livelihood of the local residents of Bohol.
- Chocolote Hills – is a famous tourist attraction in Bohol. It is a group of cone shaped hills that turns into brown during dry season.
- Loboc River Cruise – experience eating in a floating restaurant while enjoying the beautiful scenery of Loboc River. For river cruise and lunch, it cost PhP 450.00 per person.
- Man Made Forest – mainly composed of mahogany forest that stands out because of its height, the spreading of the branches and uniqueness of its leaves. This a favorite stop for tourist.
- Tarsier Conservatory– one of the tarsier sanctuary in Bohol. The entrance fee was around Php 60.00. Tarsiers nowadays are endangered species. Please respect them and take good care of this little creature.
- Hanging Bridge – a bamboo hanging bridge crossing the Sipatan River. This tourist attraction was included in the tour package. Just be careful on your steps because its slippery.
- Hinagdanan Cave – located in Dauis Panglao, Bohol. The cave has a deep lagoon and its beautiful formation of stalagmites and stalactites.
We finished the tour in one day. We’re able to buy their famous delicacy, Kalamay and Peanut Kisses. Happy to see the wonders of nature. Glad that I came along with my friends to witness the beauty and explore the country side of Bohol.